In the blue "comingled materials" bin you can now recycle Tupperware, Rubbermaid, or Vorporware(*) containers as well as non-hazardous, empty aerosol containers (such as whipped cream and hair spray cans).
On the paper front, you can now recycle:
- Milk and juice cartons (remove plastic caps from milk and juice cartons)
- Frozen food boxes (frozen vegetables and meals)
- Cardboard ice cream containers and lids
- Paper coffee and beverage cups
- Fruit and produce boxes (wax-coated)
- Juice and drink boxes
There are a few other items which I wasn't aware you could recycle:
- Medicine bottles (but not their tops)
- Flower pots (but not those 6pack plant containers)
- plastic cups like those you get from fast-food restaurants or stadiums
- Anything of type 6 (styrofoam) can not be recycled, this includes cups, egg cartons and clamshell takout containers
- Anything of type 1 that isn't a bottle can not be recycled, this includes berry containers, plastic knives,forks,spoons, packaging from small electronics.
(*) I can never remember if it was vorporware or vorpaware, imaginary bonus points if you can tell me which it is. Points too for knowing what it is a reference to.
Post a Comment