The project is in Facility Planning Phase II and is 35% through the preliminary design plans. There is still a lot to do on this project. Phase II isn't scheduled to be complete until winter 2011, then after that it has to be budgeted and land aquired, etc before construction can start. Even so, this is an important meeting because at this stage, the design isn't finalized and your input can be taken into account. The proposed improvements include:
- Two 11 foot wide travel lanes plus a 5 foot wide on-road bike lane on each side of the road.
- A 8 foot off-road shared use bike path on the west side of Seven Locks Rd.
- A 5 foot wide sidewalk on the east side of the road.
- A 8 foot off-road shared use path along Montrose Rd between Seven Locks and I-270.
- Northbound and eastbound auxiliary through lanes at the intersection of Seven Locks and Turkerman Ln.