Here is some information from the White Flint 2 sector plan page:
Residents, business owners, community groups, and other interested stakeholders are invited to examine and discuss various plan elements including: land use and density; connectivity; public facilities; and open spaces. County Planners will facilitate focused discussions about these topics and work with participants to begin to prioritize a variety of issues within the Sector Plan area.
The White Flint 2 Sector Plan area covers approximately 290 acres in a horseshoe shape on either side of Rockville Pike (MD 355). The plan area includes office buildings along Executive Boulevard, west of Hoya Street; Montrose Crossing Shopping Center and Pike Center along Rockville Pike; light-industrial and commercial properties along Parklawn Drive, south of Randolph Road; office uses along Executive Boulevard; and Randolph Hills Shopping Center and other light-industrial uses along Parklawn Drive.
Also note that this plan area feeds into the Walter Johnson Cluster and portions of it are currently in the Ashburton school district.
- What level of new development can the transportation network support?
- How should Rockville Pike (MD 355) between the city and County be coordinated and designed?
- What transportation policies should be introduced or amended?
- Should the White Flint Special Tax District encompass White Flint Phase 2?
- How can uses on both sides of the MARC station and CSX tracks be integrated?
- What is the role of the proposed MARC station and how should nearby properties outside of White Flint Phase I develop?
Post a Comment